To make your experience an enjoyable one, here are some helpful instructions to get you started.
How do I join a Facebook group as myself or my Page?
To join a group as your profile or your Page:
- From your To Explore click Groups in the left menu.
- In the search bar at the top, enter some keywords for the group you’re looking for.
- Select the groups link, then click + Join you next to the cover photo of the group you want to join
- Select whether you’d like to join as your profile or your Page and click Join Group.
Depending on the group’s settings, you may have to wait for a group admin to approve your request. Secret groups won’t appear in search results, and a current member will need to invite you. When you join a group other people may be able to see that you’re a member depending on the group’s privacy setting.
If you’re joining a group as a Page, keep in mind:
- Group admins may not allow Pages to join their groups.
- Pages can only request to join groups and can’t be invited to join secret groups.
- If you’ve already joined a group as a profile and want to join the group as Page, you can change who you’re interacting as.
- Only Page admins can request to join a group.
How do I join a Facebook group as myself or my Page on Mobile?
- Open Facebook. The Facebook mobile app icon is a white “f” on a dark-blue background. Facebook will open to your News Feed if you’re already logged in.
- If you aren’t already logged in, enter your email address (or phone number) and password, then tap Log in.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top right of the screen and select ‘Groups’ or Tap the group icon with the three people
- Tap the search magnifying glass icon. It’s at the top of the screen. This will bring up your device’s keyboard.
Enter Pastor Jose Chico. Type in a group’s name (or a word or phrase in which you’re interested), then tap Search. This will search Facebook for accounts, pages, places, and groups that match your search.
Tap Groups. This is a tab near the top of the screen, just below the search bar. This will display any groups related to your search.
You may have to swipe the row of tabs here to the left to display the Groups
You can either Tap the + icon to join the group or you can tap the image and then click the ‘Join Group’ button to join the group. A “Requested” will be sent. Once you’re accepted into the group by an administrator, you will be able to post in the group.